Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
Liberty Media Bonds have been on my top 5 watch list. One of the initial attractions for me to these bonds was the fact they made a fortune off a cash infusion into Sirius at the brink of collapse getting shares for pennies a couple or few years back. They ended up making billions of dollars on that strategic move alone.

FYI, Liberty Media right now is comprised of three tracking groups. Each are currently publicly traded.

It looks like right now they have had a plan in the works to split off the business, assets, and liabilities attributed to its Capital Group & Starz Group by redeeming all of the outstanding shares of the common stock in Capital Group & Starz Group for shares of an independently publicly traded company that will hold the business, assets, and liabilities attributed to the Capital Group and the Starz Group.

Apparently Liberty Media sought an injunction against the declaration of an event of default under the indenture by reason of the split-off and a declaration that the split-off would not constitute a disposition of all or substantially all of the company's assets.

I thought there was a trial court decision made in favor of Liberty Media. But on June 6th, a notice of appeal was filed by the trustee. I have to dig into this further, but thought I would get the ball rolling with a thread started in case any other astutue folks out there already own any Liberty Media bonds and have been following this matter.

FYI there has been no change in the trading price of their bonds and I am currently tracking four different series of them.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.