Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
We were expecting a premium-due notice this month for my husband's life insurance...and instead he received a declined notice yesterday.

Back on 1-6-2020, he received a policy endorsement for changes in policy face amount from 100G to 25G. On 1-31-2020, someone came to the house & drew his blood, collected a urine specimen & he was asked several questions(I was not present during this home appt). There was no further communication from the Life Insurance Company, so we never gave the matter a second thought. Thus, needless to say, we were not prepared for yesterday's arrival of the declined notice as follows:
"Based on your medical history of heart disease, along with the new conditions of diabetes, tremors and sleep apnea, we regret to inform you that the request for rate reduction has been declined. We offer you access to recorded personal information in your file. Personal Information means information regarding an individual's character, habits, finances, occupation, credit, hobbies or other personal information. You also have the right to ask us in writing to correct or delete any recorded personal information that you believe to be incorrect."

My husband is going to contact the damned life insurance company on Monday with questions + wanting access to this 'recorded personal information' and the medical lab test results.

**My Question #1: where did this life insurance company obtain personal information of his character, habits & hobbies? My husband is not active on social media to have revealed character, habits or hobbies. These details do not sound like a medical record source. I understand a credit record to have provided financial & occupational information.

**Total unrelated Question #2: What is a Contestable Period of a new policy?

Sincerely,
Apacherose
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.