Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

The plan was to bring banks up and in turn the economy as a whole will follow. In the coming months I see this working very well. I believe banks, large banks will be a very profitable and risky investments. As for the state of our economy I believe what the Obama administration is doing will work fine. It is how we found our way from the great depression and will definitely help us from this recession. Remember that we tried the trickledown effect during the great depression and it didn’t work. Our market will fall again even after we have solved this problem recession. That’s just how markets work. The real question is how long all this spending buys us. Ten years of growth, twenty, nobody really can answer that but it’s fun to think about. Also remember the great depression was an entirely different beast of a different economic era that is long gone. Talk with someone who lived through the great depression and have them compare the differences. It was dangerous to live “back then”.

Not to rant and rave but one other thing to add before I end this little entry. We are not giving the banks money for nothing. We expect and will get our money back PLUS extra. These banks that are in risk of failing are being shut down. These ones that are too big to fail will be returned to a healthy profitable status and will return every penny plus whatever dividends they have paid will already be in our pockets. Not to mention we now control a hefty portion of many of these companies and with that we can make much greater expectations on them and their influences in our economy. The government never gives something for free. I would think everyone would have learned this already. This is not a gift but an investment in the future but I know it makes great conversation starters.  

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.