Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
Like gtw999 I have a modest position in LXP and a larger position in LXP-C

As best I can tell LXP-C is one of the best current buys in the REIT preferred universe. All that I can add to this discussion of LXP is that Fidelity Real Estate Income Fund owns 1.82% of outstanding shares while TIAA CREFF Small cap equity owns 0.5%( Morningstar data which may be out of date) One firms says that the AFFO payout ratio is 0.86%. Debt and preferred to TMC is 47% a little high for a triple net REIT.

LXP is yielding 7.5%. If I were sure that this dividend was safe I would double or triple my position in it. I am hesitant to buy more when the stock is getting clobbered for reasons I do not understand. I fear there is a shark lurking out there and do not want to get too greedy. Yes BT is advocating this stock on Seeking Alpha but he seems to like an awful lot these days.

Someone please make a case for me to buy more LXP!!!!!!

Martin
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.