No. of Recommendations: 2
Like JT says, it is a character driven show, and it takes a while to flesh out the characters and the universe and the story line and so forth, but IMO only it is worth the effort. The show also takes a lot of chances - tons of mini-arcs and 2 and 3 part episodes and regulars who sometimes 'show up' without much explanation and so forth. And the characters themselves run the gamut from really appealing to incredibly irritating (depends on your personal preference).

That said, as I put in my original listing of science-fiction shows, again purely IMO there are a LARGE number of A++ episodes interspersed with some really, really bad ones (bottle shows in particular get grating at times, or anything involving Moya or sickness or whatever) but the originality in the alien races and the universe itself is very appealing in a way that most other shows are not (take for example, the much touted Firefly which is akin to a western than science-fiction with a 'family-type' atmosphere - Farscape is more 'All in the Family' type of family - totally dysfunctional, much of the times).

Persevere, but if you don't start liking some of the characters (I detested Chiana and did like Pilot but liked D'Argo, Sun, Crichton, and most of the others, including the baddie), it will grate on you...but I loved 1812....
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.