Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
Lindytoes said

Are we at the end of our great American experiment?

Looks that way to me, a few points, and there are so many to mention.

- The US justice system is corrupt and politicised at from every level, from the DOJ down to the local court. At the federal level the DOJ wins 97% of cases without even going to court. What an amazing stat even Stalin would be proud of that.

- The US has broken with custom, things that never use to happen are now common place.

- China has stolen your IP and is the world's leading manufacturer. Maybe the US can manage to sell some commodity like soybeans in return for some advanced manufactured product.

- Your big corporations have sold you out.

- Mainstream media is the worst in the world absolute propaganda

- Too many people within America hate the country and are attacking it on many fronts. An internal threat is far more dangerous than an external one.

- Big cities are crime ridden, lawless, drug infested hellholes.

- The education and health system despite spending ludicrous sums of money deliver unbelievably poor outcomes, compared to elsewhere. Truly astounding how bad it is and why Americans put up with it.

- From what I have observed your government is dysfunctional at all levels, it just cannot seem to do anything right compared to other countries. Like how the CDC couldn't get a covid test right, but it protected its turf by stoping others. The inability of your health bureaucracy to get out of its own way in an emergency.

- Beyond my comprehension how one Party can rule a state or a city for decades, sometime a century. You are locked into an unbreakable two party system, with some members being representatives for decade after decade. This is not the norm in other democracies.

- Endless and perpetual wars in areas of no strategic significance. The military industrial complex is just so powerful it looks like a President cannot control it, and I include both Obama and Trump. The are a lot of dogs baying for war in America. And you never win any!!

- The US is duplicitous and decietful with its allies, like the Kurds, the Afghans, the Iraqis, South Vietnamese, the list just goes on and on. Thats why Kim Jong will never do a deal with the US, because he knows the US cannot be trusted

Face it the US is FINISHED as a great nation, it became too rich and then to stupid.

I would not be surprised if the US splits apart in the not too distant future. Perhaps into two or maybe three different places.

You think I am the only one seeing this. Wrong!! Think again and watch what is happening in with other countries foreign policy. No one is saying this or doing anything to upset existing US relationships however they are making arrangements on their own with other countries in the event that the US falls into chaos.

One of the things the US needs to do to recover is to reform your government in some way that it actually works. Biden or Trump are not going to do this for you.

Things are likely to get worse in the US, I am glad I don't live there.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.