Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
Link and proof please. AAPL hasn't traded above the $120 range since October of 2008.

As a matter of fact Jonaki I will call you out as a liar. Here is my first mention of AAPL as a lifeboat stock (actually used the phrase liferaft). It was on - October 10, 2008:

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=27081488

AAPL has shown incredible resistance at the $90 level defying the market, anytime it gets below $90 people jump in on the stock and drive it up, but we are seeing dotcom days swings on the stock of +/- $10 a share, volatility like that on a day-to-day basis isn't good, but that's the old school in me talking again.

If the US economy continues to weaken and the 4Q holiday spending season just absolutely sucks, I can see AAPL breaking its resistance. The part Jon I had major heartburn with was the barking seals here declaring that AAPL was a no-brainer two to three bagger back in November~February time frame. If you're going to stand back and say well I just got lucky then that's equal to saying Mish got lucky, DocOp got lucky and the whole crew at METaR got lucky. If you didn't see this meltdown coming, suggest you watch a lot less Jim Cramer (or maybe start watching now as he finally has the bear religion).

AAPL remains a good liferaft stock in these times but there is one issue with a liferaft, it can only hold so many before it sinks - and right now old school P/E REALLY matters, regardless of how hard you may pound on the table to say it doesn't.

Gee, did AAPL go below and test under $90 since October 10th? Oh ya - it has hasn't it Jon. All the way down to $79 and change, right? Are you are trying to rewrite history?

And just when exactly has AAPL "exploded out" since October 10, 2008? AAPL has been in the Saragasso Sea with the other liferaft stocks, CLX, JNJ and GOOG since the October crash. All four of the stocks including AAPL have traded in a safe range that doesn't afford major gains or major losses.

You sir - are a liar, and caught in your lie.

If anything when you look at AAPL from October 1 to current date, my range was optimistic, and AAPL has traded in a range of $80 to $110.

http://finance.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=NASDAQ:AAP...

Back to the p-box for you. Feel free to dispute this claim with links and facts, I've done my homework - time for you to do yours.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.