Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 27
I am best known for writing about MLPs and providing data on that sector. My latest effort is http://seekingalpha.com/article/3229706-4-reasons-why-midstr...

The market strongly tends to follow rules (or correlations) like
1 - Dividend and distribution growth companies tend to out perform the market or sector in which they are located.
2 - Companies with rising earnings projections tend to out perform - and companies with falling earnings projections tend to under perform.
3 - Companies with lower payout ratios tend to have faster rising dividends and distributions.
4 - Companies with volatile earnings projections tend to own assets or have business models that cause that volatility - and the volatility is repeated year after year.
5 - Companies with volatile earnings projections tend to sell at lower valuations. Thus a dollar of earnings growth tends to result in smaller price movements compared to less volatile companies.

I use these correlations to set valuations. I am not perfect is making the assessments for growth (CAGR projections) or risk (RRR assessments). But the assessments are backed by metrics. The assessments are fairly accurate. Using my data tends to result in improved investments choices over time -- or at least that is what my readers tell me.

I wanted to let you know that a good data set is available in the above article. I hope I am forgiven by the few who might find this post 'spam'.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.