Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
The move has begun. No need for discord.

https://boards.fool.com/atheist-investors-welcomed-35092663....
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
One of the photography Fools has set up a discord. He has several sections, though none about religion (or lack thereof). He does have "left" and "right" politics, which is sorta interesting because that already establishes some tribalism instead of dialog with the "other side". In a democracy, that sort of dialog is really important, and has almost completely broken down. People just get angry now.

1poorguy
No. of Recommendations: 1
Fyi:
I’ve just joined the Discord Board- some interesting categories altho see none for us “ungodly” types, maybe the “off topic “ category? Will wait to see how it works and progress from there.
One of the photography Fools has set up a discord.

I don't understand this use of the word 'discord'...discarded/displaced discussion group??
No. of Recommendations: 0
I’ve just joined the Discord Board

What is it? Where is it?
Astro - read this from Troy on IOS board:
Registered and get to the page where it says allow people to contact you and then what, can’t get further than that?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm just shooting from the hip. I'm new there as of yesterday.
https://discord.gg/fS7jTWF3yA

Good luck and hope to see you there soon,
Troy

(It took me awhile to figure it out however i think i’m there now)
No. of Recommendations: 3
One of the photography Fools has set up a discord.

Yes, I know. It would seem to me that keeping it going within TMF would be preferable.
I'm just shooting from the hip. I'm new there as of yesterday.
https://discord.gg/fS7jTWF3yA

Good luck and hope to see you there soon,
Troy

(It took me awhile to figure it out however i think i’m there now)

I cannot get past the [redacted] captcha even after more than a dozen tries.

Wessex
No. of Recommendations: 2
I got past the captcha on first try, but I get an error message that sez:

Safari can't open "discord://" because MacOS doesn't recognize internet addresses starting with "discord:"
I had that problem. Go to the main page (discord.com). Create a login, and log-in. It should pop-up and ask if you have an invite to a board. That's when you paste the link, and it will take you there.

At least that's how it worked for me.

As for the comment to "keep it in TMF" being preferable...well, they apparently aren't going to allow that. It's their board(s), so the Gardners can do as they like.
No. of Recommendations: 5
As for the comment to "keep it in TMF" being preferable...well, they apparently aren't going to allow that.

Has someone in TMF told you that? "Liquid Lounge" is not one of the boards that will disappear. We can use it, and have been. Toss in some comment from time to time that connects to "investing" (as they do on METAR) and I don't think anyone will care. It's certainly worth a shot.

I haven't searched through what the "discord" site wants from participants (it certainly isn't a charitable operation), and the name doesn't exactly comfort me in that regard.
MisterFungi Has someone in TMF told you that? "Liquid Lounge" is not one of the boards that will disappear. We can use it, and have been. Toss in some comment from time to time that connects to "investing" (as they do on METAR) and I don't think anyone will care. It's certainly worth a shot.

In addition, some have suggested to go to one of the "financial" folders (LL is in the Investment Analysis Clubs folder), and create a new board.

For atheists, perhaps "Infidel Investing Discussions", or "unFaithful Investing Discussions".

I've not seen any suggestion that TMF would not allow a new board.
And, as MisterF suggests, add some actual Investing commentary to your posts?

The LL might be renamed to "Liquid Lounge for unFaithful Investors"?

MisterFungi's idea is worth considering.

🖖
ralph notes that LL was founded in 2002, now has 40k total posts, with most of those posted before 2012 or so. Ie it's been a ghost town for 8 or 10 years.
ralph: ralph notes that LL was founded in 2002, now has 40k total posts, with most of those posted before 2012 or so. Ie it's been a ghost town for 8 or 10 years.

I wonder ... is Liquid Lounge a spin-off from the old Martini Club? (RIP)

CNC
Reminder: Liquid Lounge is available on TMF for continuing the conversations that used to go here. No need to go to Facebook or whatever. Aloha!