Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
liss,
Thanks for the reply. A couple remarks:

I guess I am at a loss because writing is something that's always been a piece of me and it sounds like your goal is simply to boost your career by adding to your portfolio.
I guess I misrepresented myself. I am a writer by profession - grant writing -- but lately I have not been able to shake the feeling that I want/need to write fiction stories. I didn't mean expand my portfolio in the sense that I wanted to advance my career, I guess I just meant I want to write more.

I do travel a lot -- locally and internationally. I guess my renewed intereste in writing comes now b/c Im leaving my job to study in Africa for one year. I figure there will be no better fodder for stories than adventures abroad.

Thanks for you comments.
wanderer
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.