Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Lists like this are kind of tricky because there are different reasons for going different place. If you move to Switzerland, there is probably some kind of tax/financial advance for the very wealthy.

On the flip side, if you are moving to Mexico it is probably because you want to live on the cheap.

I don't think I want to move anywhere permanently, but here are some locations I wouldn't mind moving to for a year or two:

Ecuador: I spent a month backpacking there in my misspent youth. Easily enough there to spend a year or two exploring. And cheap.

Spain/Germany: Love both places, and not all that expensive. Jumping off spot to lots of other places.
Trick is getting an EU passport.

Australia: I think this would be cool for a about a year. Haven't looked into the visa issue. Upside is they speak a form of English. Downside: Expensive.

All those seem a bit like long shots at the moment. Plan A is to split time between Seattle and Hawaii. Just have to convince the wife to get on board.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.