Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
Little bit ago (say June/July), I revisited my thoughts on ORCL. Essentially, my personal reason for being in ORCL was the growth of the cloud and the need of data storage and organization (i.e. database) associated with all the cloud applications. I found I did not believe ORCL was showing progress to justify such a thesis. They still have a plenty of legacy installs that will be relevant and critical for years -- but I no longer accepted the thesis that they would reach such a strong position in the cloud.

So I sold and bought MDB. MDB may not be the winner. Heck, there may not be *one* winner. I do think, however, that they better fit the the thesis and have shown more progress towards that thesis.

MDB certainly is more volatile - so I wouldn't say it is a replacement for ORCL in any and all portfolios. Rather, it depends on one's thesis.

I might also agree that MSFT has demonstrated more progress than ORCL against a thesis of cloud services. What's your reasons for ORCL? MSFT?

I can make no comment on Pro's thoughts on the comparisons.

Best-
SirGhost
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.