Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Little Chaps comments are pretty good. But they wouldn't make it on Cramer's Mad Money, to much info. Makes me think but it also makes my head hurt.

1. Fidelity?
I own Fidelity Diverse INternational, and Low PRice stock fund.
But I don't know that I would pick Fidelity family as part of my IRA. Why? Way too much stuff to pick from. I'd want to be picking too much.
Sort of like Fishing lures.
2. Bond Fund's. Remember if you invest in Bond funds you are preseving the interest payment and a little of the prinicpal. Verses investing in a bond where you are preserving your capital. So you are going to see big hits in total returns because interest rates are going up. And when they do bond prices fall. You see this less if you invest in a bond index fund. But you will see some. Vanguard Total Bond index for example. Fidelity has one to I guess.
3. Equity funds. Watch out are you chasing past returns thinking you will get better than bond funds.
4. If you are new to investing then I'd stick to index funds. Spartan's equity index is somewhat equal to S&P 500. I don't like the S&P 500 Index but it is a benchmark.

50% in 500 index or Total market index.
30% in Total Bond index or anything that gives you a above 6.5% interest or divident yield.
20% in Total international index.

Give this a few years.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.