Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I need about 3 big pieces moved around the house.
( A workbench down to the backyard, a big chair moved to a different room, and a couple of things moved up and out of the basement)

What kind of service do I look for? I imagine that the job will require 2 guys--and there is likely to be a minimum (like 2 hours paid for)

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
I need about 3 big pieces moved around the house.
( A workbench down to the backyard, a big chair moved to a different room, and a couple of things moved up and out of the basement)

What kind of service do I look for? I imagine that the job will require 2 guys--and there is likely to be a minimum (like 2 hours paid for)

Hi 85 -

I do this kind of stuff all the time, and most movers will do it as well.
Typically, we will send out 2 guys for $85->$95 per hour, with a 2 hour minimum. Since fuel has gotten so high, we will also charge either 30 minutes or 1 hour of drive time (same price). A lot of movers will just farm this work out to employees that aren't working that day. One of the big problems we have in this business is keeping our guys 'fed' with enough work to make a living. When we get a labor job like this it can really help.

Depending on how much you care about your stuff, another option is to go on the www.craigslist.com website, and you will usually be able to find folks that can come over and do it as well.

One thing to be aware of is that a lot of states don't regulate this kind of move, so you need to find out what policy the movers have in case something gets broken.

Hope that helps!
Gary
No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm calling a big company and a small local company tomorrow (to see if either can do my little job for me)

Because of my weird work schedule--I will set up for a middle of the week deal and see what they can do for me.

Thanks for this board.