Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

Today's 300+ word  in 10 minutes challenge is brought to you live from a special location: Buffalo Wild Wings.

Yes, I'm on the ground doing scuttlebutt in Knoxville, TN.  Scuttleutt is one way of putting it: eating wings while I edit articles on my lunch break is another.

See, my cousin's baby, who I've mentioned here before, was having some troubles last week keeping his little body temp up.  He's still in the hospital, but doing better.

Live from BWLD - This is actually my second BWLD visit since I arrived in Knoxville.  I came on Sunday and the place was packed, but nowhere near the insanity I saw driving by on Saturday night.  UT played host to UGA this weekend and putting a hurtin' on my dawgs.  I have to admit -- Vols fans know how to celebrate.

And celebrate at BWLD they did.  This place smells of stale beer like I haven't smelled since my days at college bars at UGS.

The Food -- The wings have been stellar.  Period.  Just great.  I've had the Asian Zing, Spicy Garlic, and Hot BBQ.  The Hot BBQ was alright, but I loved the Asian Zing and Spicy Garlic.

Location -- BDub has a great location here in Knoxville.  This restaurant is right on The Strip, as they call it here, which is the hodge podge of restaurants and bars immediately adjacent to UT's campus.  If you're familiar with UGA, think Broad St., only smaller and crappier.

Great spot, though.  Seemingly easy to access on foot for students.  Not really sure about parking, as I've been wandering around on foot, but appears the general area has plenty.

I'm paying a good bit of attention on location here as the BWLD that opened in my native Atlanta several years back couldn't have been in a world location.  Glad to see that they've at least nailed this one down.

The Service -- Well, the service has been pretty blah, but I'm keepin' it real -- this is a college town, for God's sake.  Pretty in line with what I would have expected.

But enough about this place.

Random Joeness -- The drive out here was long (500 miles).  Fairly scenic, but I was pretty eager for it to be over with by the end.  I'll be working remote again tomorrow morning and then driving back so that I can get back in the office on Wed.  Lou was extremely flexible on my scheduling on this, and for that I am much obliged.

Anyway, my wings just came out.  Are you jealous?

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.