Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 12
Livongo offers a whole person platform that empowers people with chronic conditions to live better and healthier lives, beginning with diabetes and now including hypertension, weight management, diabetes prevention, and behavioral health. Livongo pioneered the new category of Applied Health Signals to silence Noisy Healthcare. Our team of data scientists aggregate and interpret substantial amounts of health data and information to create actionable, personalized and timely health signals. The Livongo approach delivers better clinical and financial outcomes while creating a different and better experience for people with chronic conditions.
https://ir.livongo.com/investor-relations

I agree that this is a too long and too many buzz words for a mission. That's because it is not a mission, it is a investor relations statement about the company -- and I think they would be better off leading with their mission:

OUR MISSION
Livongo has reinvented the healthcare experience for people with chronic and behavioral health conditions. Our Applied Health Signals solutions deliver actionable, personalized, and timely insights that make our members happier and healthier, while reducing overall healthcare spending.

Behavioral health is a thing:
Behavioral health is defined as the connection between behaviors and the health and well-being of the body, mind and spirit. This includes a wide variety of healthcare services.
https://www.insynchcs.com/blog/behavioral-health-vs.-mental-...

There is a lot more at that site on behavioral health. This thread is helping me get clearer on what Livongo does -- I was being lazy as I only have a small position.

One thing I try to keep in mind about innovation and disruption is that there is a tendency to assume that there is insufficient value, because it require a different way thinking in order to see that value.

Enjoy,
Brian
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.