Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

Ok...I wanted to post here to get the quickest feedback :)

Basically I want to set up a structure where CompanyA, LLC wholly owns CompanyB, LLC. CompanyB, LLC is a franchise and royalties are paid to the franchising company on revenue. Also the Franchise does not allow us to do any other business than what it does.

Can the profits(after expenses and royalty payments) flow from CompanyB to CompanyA tax free? And then have a distribution in CompanyA to all its partners and each pay there taxes accordingly? Can CompanyA choose not to distribute the profit, but instead invest in capital investments (such as a new building, commercial real estate, so on)?

Yes I will consult a local tax attorney, and post what he/she says...but wanted feed back here first because it may take some time.

thanks
pokerden
Print the post  

Announcements

Disclaimer:
In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.