No. of Recommendations: 0
Does anybody here have the knowledge or experience in what the difference's are between an LLC, an S-corporation and a C-corporation? I am looking to incorporate myself and after talking to a couple of accountants and attorney's, I am as confused now (maybe more so) than when I started looking into it.

From what I got from these discussions, the main drawback to an LLC is I would have to pay to place an announcement in the local newspapers in the legal section. However, if this is the only thing separating the LLC from an S-corp., I don't see it as being a major obstacle, especially if it meets my criteria.

I am looking to get protection from the great American past-time of suing for profit. One of the things I will be doing is computer repair and setup. I will be doing this mostly for individuals and small businesses. I will also be setting up a web site (at least one) for selling products and affiliate type sales.

If anyone feels they can help, I would greatly appreciate it.

I thank you in advance,

BuzzardLip
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.