Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I will be graduating soon and am weighing my options for loan consolidation. I was planning on using UHEAA but apparently they have changed their criteria and people who consolidate with them must now have some sort of Utah connection.

Does anyone know of lenders that offer high incentives for having the payment taken directly out of your checking account?

Thanks!
Print the post Back To Top
Have a look at this:

http://www.scholarpoint.com/default.htm

They do at least offer a 0.5% reduction for autopay... and another 1% after 24 months.

-A
I consolidated through Southwest Student Services Corp, www.sssc.com. At the time when I looked around they offered about the same deal as most places, .5% reduction for auto deduct and increase to 1% after a few years. At the time they offered a pretty standard rate.

A few months ago my loan was picked up by Sallie Mae, which is the devil.

I was planning on using UHEAA but apparently they have changed their criteria and people who consolidate with them must now have some sort of Utah connection.

My concern: how likely is UHEAA to somehow get rid of those of us who aren't Utah-connected? I've sent a request for info to UHEAA but probably won't hear back for a while... Anyone have experience with what causes a loan servicer to sell loans on to another?
Citibank