Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
What is the recommended way of paying for graduate school (professional school), other than having your employer pay for it?

I've been out of college and working for about a year now and hope to attend graduate school maybe in the Fall of 2007.

I currently contribute fully to a 401(k), but most of my money is sitting in my bank's savings account earning nearly nothing. I've been waiting to determine where to put this money based on the fact that a lot of it would be withdrawn for education purposes. Would it be best to put it into a Roth IRA, high yield savings account (like ING Orange), bonds (that allow for low taxes based on use for education), or just an investment account?

Is it better to take out an educational loan and then pay it off with these savings after completing school?

Thanks in advance guys!
Print the post  


Paying For School Guide
Trying to Tackle Tuition? The Motley Fool's Guide to Paying for School will help you fight those rising education costs.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.