Skip to main content
This Board Has Moved

This board has been migrated to our new platform! Check out the new home page at discussion.fool.com or click below to go directly to the new Board on the new site.

Go to the New Site
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Well, I was hoping to post a link to our local news story about the strike here for you all to read. But the paper didn't have it on the web - just the AP version. Here are two links if you're interested in that (they're slightly different articles):

http://www.detnews.com/1998/autos/9806/06/06060058.htm

http://aa.mlive.com/ap/0606strike.html

The Ann Arbor News story in today's paper had a slightly different spin (it was written by local reporters Tom Wickham, Richard Noble and Mike Turner). It talked about the fact that the workers leaving the plant were festive and boisterous, although things turned serious as the UAW and GM officials started a war of press briefings. Apparently some dies were removed from the plant and shipped to Ohio, and that was seen as a provocative act by the UAW, and that's not helping talks go smoothly. They also noted that GM appears to be setting up to go to the mat with the UAW.

Just thought I'd pass this all along if anyone's interested and hasn't seen the articles in their local paper. I missed the local tv news tonight cause the boys were being stinkers, so I can't comment on that. Sorry!

Laura
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.