Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
At the local nursery they have instituted an interesting "information desk". There is a large knot hole in a wall of the office. They have a few very expert staff who take turns sitting behind the knot hole and answering any questions. The rest of the staff aren't quite as sharp and when you ask them a question, they usually direct you to the staff member behind the wall in the office.

Well, I have a small pine tree in my back yard that produces an abundance of pine cones. So many in fact, that the tree leans over. I went to the nursery with this problem and spoke to one of the staff. I explained how the pine cones were weighing down the tree and that I thought maybe I should brace the branches. I wasn't sure what the best bracing material should be. The yard worker thought he knew the best wood to use to brace the branches, but thought I should confirm with the experts in the office. Of course he told me...

"Ask Knot what Yew can do for your Cone tree"

waxurt
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.