Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
So now, besides multiple Logins over the day, evening, now I see a Login Timeout as well, because I walked away, screensaver kicked in, and the unseen login timed out... Why, why, why? Are the cookies broken? Not enough milk to go with? Wanted Chocolate Chip, not Oatmeal?
Print the post Back To Top
And again, in the time to type up a Reply, TMF required a Login, I've learned to Copy the text before Submitting, because once it goes to Login, that reply is gone, just a blank...

Why, why, why? It used to just work!
Are you running a 'script-blocker'?
Just free thinking here.

What browser and version are you using?

Did it do an update lately? If so, you may not have changed anything in your settings, but perhaps the update changed something. I'd look at all the settings and verify everything. Pay close attention to the Privacy/Security areas.

Other than that, did you have any other update on the computer operating system? Maybe look into that. Check settings there.

I am using Windows/Microsoft and a Firefox browser. Both have updated recently. I have had to re sign in and create a new password with Windows/Microsoft. Firefox I don't remember having to do anything with.

Even with that (knock on wood) I am not getting the same issues you are having with the site.
No. of Recommendations: 1
No, this is my mid-2012 Mac Pro, 32Gb Ram.. Mojave OS (10.4.8), and no hardware or software changes for ages, no other website has gotten itself tangled like this... And it's not just this computer.

It seems whatever cookie setup they use, changed, like it's not keeping the login info/flag, so any flip to different tabs, or even within TMF, attempting to post, and it decides I'm not logged in, coming back to the new/reply post page, the content is gone, or the Submit isn't active unless the page is reloaded, then Pasting the text back, Submit works...So before Submitting this Replay, I have to Select all, Copy, and see the circle continue.. It's broken...
Hi wecoguy,

While I sympathize with the trouble you are having.
please read memeshasha's post again.
I agree its probably your browser that should be cleansed of cookies.
I run MacOS Catalina always upgrading to the latest version.
When logging on to The Motley Fool I use the Firefox browser.
I delete the cookies often.
I am having no problems like the ones you describe.

Trying to be helpful - rovingartisan
Flipping to FireFox did stop the repeated logins, I keep it updated, ready, but it is different, the Tabs are handled a little different..

In Safari I cleared all the caches, with the developer menu item, didn't see any help there.. Just had to log back into everything, then.. Old days we could force a Permissions check/fix, that went away a few OS's ago.. So it still comes back to how the TMF handles it's cookies, they had to have changed something.. Out of sync in any case...
Today, a reboot of my system seems to have 'cured' it here... The magic bits and bytes are realigned, somehow... If it returns then FF may be the ultimate answer..
So it seems to be the resolution of the problem, whatever it was...

Onward!

Thanks to everyone for considering the possibilities, my mind went blank, it's just too hectic here... But at least, no more fires/smoke/etc...