No. of Recommendations: 0
Lokicious,

I guess I am having trouble differentiating between Freddie Mac shareholders and bond holders. Looking at DODBX they refer to shares held but then on the side it states coupon rate giving me the impression that they are holders of Freddie Mac Bonds. Just a rough adding of Freddie and Fannie it appears to be estimated number of 4 billion of the 28 billion in the fund. So if it was a complete loss it would be about 14% of the porfolio. But like you said we are probably looking at a smaller percentage of that 4 billion so therefore not something I personally will fear. I have yet to find the break down on the Fidelity MMF. I will keep looking.

As always thanks for your response and thoughts.

Pappy
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.