No. of Recommendations: 0
Lokicious,

To allow myself to sleep better, I have switched by asset allocation from essentially 100% equity to 70% equity and 30% cash and income funds over the last couple of years. One of the products that Schwab recommended for me is JPS, one of Nuveens Quality Preferred Income Fund. I must admit that I'm not sure that I totally understand this investmaent. Unfortunately, its value has dropped substantially recently. If my goal is long term diversification. Does it make sense to keep it (or not) in view of the likely increasing interest rates?

The Nuveen reassurance (http://nuveen.com/etf/web_files/Investment%20Research/JTPJPSJHP%20commentary.pdf) seem to suggest that the higher yields through leveraging will take care of any drop in value from interest risk. Many thanks in advance.

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.