Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

LOL awallejr, 

Last time we finally agreed on something, but this time we must diverge yet again.

I'm pretty sure even  the Republicans would be happy to get rid of the payroll tax and corporate tax entirely if the Democrats would let them. I do agree that a majority of those taxes are paid by the average Joe. I would love to take it a step farther and get rid of the income tax entirely as well. I would also love to replace everything with a sales tax. I would personally like it if we exempted food, shelter, clothing, and utilities from that tax. That way, the burden is not on the average Joe. If you working to pay to feed your kids, you pay nothing, but the tax on that big screen TV will be high.

I most definately do not want the government to collect money and disperse it where needed! They suck at it! It is totally repulsive that 10 cents out of every dollar collected for welfare actually goes to the welfare recipient. 

I do agree that both Democrats and Republicans are buying votes by spending beyond the means of tax collections.

I am a minarchist at heart, so I think our tax dollars should go to 2 basic things. We should use those dollars to maintain law and order and keeping us from hurting eachother. We should also use those dollars to keep other nations from hurting us.

Your statement that you paid into Social Security and Medicare and now "They are changing the terms." is exactly why you don't wan't a government that spends money to get elected to be in charge of anything else. They don't have your best interests in mind and they never will. 

Reduce the spending to what we need to be a civil society  and let us take care of ourselves.

Giving someone else permission to handle your welfare is just asking to be exploited. 

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.