Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0

OK I found these 4 companies on the web, and they were in a comparison table, of course it did not show up well in this post, but my point is I don't even know enough to kow which company is a good company or not and if I am truly getting a good deal or not.

I know that I need to do something....and the more I do "something" the more information I find that leaves me confused!!! LOL But...I trudge on.

The thought of me at 60 on a history dig in Montana or working as a part time missionary keeps me searching for a way to be able to do these things.

*** I know what I need...mutual fund or DRIP - about $100 minimual investment, with $50 a month investment, with no or low account fees and decent returns. Is that a pipe dream??? :-)

Sunshine! :-)

TD AMERITRADE

ShareBuilder

Power E*TRADE

Fidelity

Account Minimum Information
Cash Account $2,000 / No minimum / $1,000 / $2,500

Margin Account $2,000 / N/A / $2,000 / $5,000

Retirement Account (IRA) No minimum/No annual fee No minimum No annual fee/No account minimum $2,500

Commission Schedule -- Online Trades
Market Order $9.99 $4/ShareBuilder purchase transaction (made Tuesdays). $15.95 for Real-time market orders. As low as $6.99 As low as $8.00

Limit Order $9.99 $19.95 As low as $6.99 As low as $8.00

Commission Schedule -- Touchtone Phone Trades

Market Order $34.99 N/A As low as $6.99 As low as $20.00
Limit Order $34.99 N/A As low as $6.99 As low as $20.00
Commission Schedule -- Broker Assisted Trades
Market Order $44.99 N/A $45 plus applicable commission As low as $35.00
Limit Order $44.99 N/A $45 plus applicable commission As low as $35.00
Fee Schedule
Maintenance Fees None None $0 if certain conditions are met. None
Transfer Fees $25.00 (Transfer Out Partial or IRA)
$50.00 (Transfer Out Full non-IRA) $10 per security, $50 maximum (outgoing) Outgoing only: $25 for partial; $60 for full transfers. None
IRA Custodian Fees None $25.00 $0 conditioned upon your acceptance of electronic statements and confirms. None
Extras
Compatible with Quicken/MS Money Yes No Yes Yes
ATM and Checking Yes No Yes Yes
Local Offices Yes, over 100 branches nationwide No Yes - 15 nationwide. Visit www.etrade.com/centers for locations. Yes - 110 Nationwide
Dividend Reinvestment Yes Yes Yes Yes
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.