Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
Lol we need a time machine for this board.

I ended up switching back to the Zoloft. I think I'm still having some sleep issues. Not sure, because I switched to working at nights. 8pm to 5am. Now I'm having problems falling asleep. Mainly due to stress, and the dog barking while I'm trying to sleep. It's spring/summer so I'm stuffed up again. (Flox is in bloom) :(

My dad passed away Dec 12, 2020. So I've been dealing with all that. I'm his executor. My siblings have not helped hardly at all. (no surprise there) It's now June. I still haven't set up his burial/memorial. finally got the will probated (small probate court) Still have some paperwork to file. Due to Covid we decided it would be useless to have a burial. Did a cremation. Dad wanted to be buried in the local cememtary though, so I'm setting up something for his birthday 8/20

Water pump died a couple months ago. My brother never finished the roof and it's still leaking. Backyard is still torn up from when he "fixed" the septic. (it's working, just not well.)

Got mom's finances settled, but she wants to move out of her apartment now. She doesn't want to live alone. Planned on moving her back into the family house. Repairs and dis-repair are delaying that. (that's where I'm currently living in NY state) Still have the fixer upper house in PA. Code officer is giving me a hard time because things are not progressing there. My brother was supposed to do a few things. Ended up doing what "HE" wanted, and making things worse.

Night work is making it incredibly difficult to get in touch with repair services here in NY and in PA. Most places are only open 8-5pm or 8-6 when I am sleeping. When I have a day off I end up sleeping almost 24 hours. I don't seem to get anything done. I look around me and am so overwhelmed that I don't know where to start. So I turn on the tv and/or crawl back into bed.

I got a few things done tonight. Paid a couple bills, sent in applications for my mother and myself for student loan income based payments.

good news is Walmart is supposed to start opening up at 6am again. So now I can stop and get some groceries on the way home from work. It was incredibly difficult getting there when they were only open during the day.

It's strange, because everyone else was stuck at home for the Covid, but I worked through it all. Worked more hours than I did before the start. I almost wish I would get sick just so I could have a couple weeks off. :P (not trying to be insensitive here, just worn out.)

anywho.. this is longer than I intended. I'd like to say I'm doing good, but it's a day by day thing. I'm hanging on. That's the best I can do.

LadyIanna
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.