Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi there, is anyone considering the new LONG-SHORT portfolio that MF is offering?
I think is the same as PRO without options... and without JEFF... :-(
What do you think about it?
cheers!
Print the post Back To Top
I was considering it because I thought we would get access to it for a year for free because of Pro going away. The catch is if you had Pro in a bundle such as Premier Pass you will not get a free year access.
Call the Customer service number, they will give you a year of Long-Short if you are already in Premier Pass, but you will only get the basic service, not the extra stuff they are using to entice same day signup for the VIP access. Or you can either get or extend any portfolio service for a year. It's worth a phone call!
No. of Recommendations: 1
So, this big Investor Summit 2019, which MF has been pushing and stated "40 thousand fools" have signed up for, seems like nothing more a marketing pitch for the new long/ short service. No need to have pen and paper for notes.
I am very disappointed in MF lately.
Since my Pro had previously been rolled into Premier Pass let's see if I get this new service,but something tells me it won't measure up to what we had with Pro.
John
Do you have the link to the video about the new long-short service? I don't have it.

Nancy
Hi John,

Do you have a link for the video? I was hoping to watch it tonight, even if I don't sign up for the service.

But the link seems to be gone from the TMF articles.

Thanks,
Nancy
Does anyone know what this service will cost after the one year? Is there anywhere on the site that gives the cost of the various services? I have never found it.

I want to know whether the fees are something I can justify going forward before I structure a portfolio around their recs and then don't want to renew in a year....

Beatrice
I called customer service and they would not give me Long-Short for a year. They said only those with a stand alone subscription to Pro would be eligible for a free year.

Julien
Beatrice,

Not easy to find. I haven't found a price for Long/Short yet.
https://www.fool.com/services/

Long/Short looks like it's going to hold the same 20 Longs for 5 years+. Then hold the Shorts for shorter periods of time.
From the Long/Short boards:

"Hi Darrell,

I work on the product team here at The Motley Fool and wanted to provide clarity on the renewal pricing for you. The list price for The Long-Short Portfolio is $2999/year. As of this time, that is the renewal price and we do not have any multi-year options available. You can expect to receive a renewal notice in your email inbox 30 days prior to the expiration of your service. In that email we will provide clear pricing for your renewal and contact information to reach our Member Support team should you have questions. Additionally, if you want to turn off automatic renewal, feel free to call Member Support anytime during your membership at the number below.

Member Support: 888-609-3665

Fool On!

Andrew
Project Manager "

Seems pricy.

Hope this helps.

Good luck to all you Pro Fools!

Sam
Beatrice,

The list price for The Long-Short Portfolio is $2999/year.

No multiple year discounts.

https://boards.fool.com/4095/question-before-i-commit-340983...

jschwisow
Thanks much
I did nothing after Pro was closed as far as my Pro subscription goes. My expiry is November 2020. Now I realise I have been charged $199 for the Premier Pass access. This was obviously only free for one month. I think the long/short service is included in my old Pro subscription at no additional cost. I've decided to contact Member Services and see what I can do regarding a refund now as I certainly don't want to be paying for what's being offered now and I'm a bit pissed that the Premier Pass was subtley added in without a clear notification that it would be chargeable after one month.