Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I agree with everything you said in your 2/14 article but there is another factor. In Florida the level of care in primarily Medicaid nursing homes is often substandard. I do not say this is always true and there are no primarily Medicaid centers that provide good care, but it is certainly a matter of economics, pure and simple. I have experience in this realm and have been in and out of these facilities over a long period of time. If a person has some payment source, be it private funds and/or insurance, the chances of being accepted in a better setting (and even then beds are often at a premium especially for men) are much greater. Such a facility will then convert the resident to Medicaid after a period of time of private funding (each facility varies in the amount of private pay time they would need). Seeing the primarily straight Medicaid facilities can make one shudder! Certainly that's the environment in LTC right now and things could change but we only have now on which to base any decision.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
You know what makes people so angry about long term care insurance is this one fact.....they have never had to have it. Their feelings are this, well my parents never needed it why should I get it. The other part says this, another insurance, why can't the government take care of this one ? Because it is the most expensive care there is....we can just print more money right. There is a difference between public and private pay don't let anyone tell you any different. People you need to wake up and realize that you now know about it and you will be out of excuses this is what is causing people the most problems ! Becuase now after the cat is out of the bag and mom is wheeling dad into a facility or has to break out the phone book to look for good home health care she is going to remember that piece of mail she got, or the time she hung up the phone because dinner was so important, damn people trying to sell me something, or she'll remember when the kids said oh Mom and Dad you don't need that (little did she know the kids were looking out for their inheritance so they thought they would get more if mom and dad did'nt buy that insurance) hahahh Gotcha ! This is the part that distresses people the most they don't want to change...and it frustrates them..remember the kids both work they have no time to take care of you in your home, where you want to be....remember you had the chance to buy this coverage, you knew about it and you did'nt plan. Its all on you.
Print the post Back To Top