No. of Recommendations: 0
LONGREITS:

I'll be looking where ever I find the most attractive opportunites. I search by YTM range and maturity date range. You probably won't be suprised to hear that my muni bonds are almost all revenue bonds.

To borrow a phrase from Charlie, the really safe stuff is (almost) always richly priced.

IMHO, revenue bonds are where value can be found in munis. Revenue bonds are almost universally assumed to be riskier that GO bonds (and probably they are) and therefore they seem to typically offer much more attractive yields. IMHO, if your willing to do the research into the security of the revenue source for the bonds, some good opportunities can be found.

I have no particular insight into where the best opportunities will or will not materialize. As I alluded to earlier, I never search specifically for GO or revenue bonds, but sometimes GO bonds do show up in my screens.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.