Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
Look at the long list of documents acceptable to New Mexico. Aside from the usual government IDs (either US and Mexico) you can use baptismal certificates, school records, a tribal ID, medical records et cetera. It is possible to be born and live in the USA without leaving a paper trail but certainly not a common occurrence.

So you're saying you don't believe MrF.

You do realize he volunteers (and has volunteered for a long time, apparently) to help people do exactly what we're talking about. If he says it is not trivial, I have no basis to contradict him.

About 30 years ago I was dealing with INS to get 1poorlady here on a fiancee visa. I had to produce a birth certificate. It wasn't "no problem", but it wasn't THAT hard. I had to pay a fee, and I needed to get some documents together to get the certified copy of birth. So it was neither free, nor effortless. As I recall it took me a week or so to get the docs they wanted. If I had not been able to get those documents easily, it would have been MUCH more of a PITA. Conceivably could have taken weeks, and cost a lot more.
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.