Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0

A while ago you gave me some good information on penalty-free early withdrawals from IRAs, and pointed me to your message 3039 in this folder. At the end of that message you say:
"IMHO, those who wish to use Sec 72t should engage a professional skilled in the computations of all three methods. In addition, that pro should provide the account owner a letter specifying the method used in detail and expressing an opinion that the calculations comply with the requirements specified in the IRC and by the IRS. That way if something goes wrong, there's someone besides yourself to hold accountable. Things are just much safer that way."

How do I find such a pro? I'm striking out at CPA and accounting firms in my area - none have much knowledge of the method.

In the trivial department, what does IMHO stand for? I see it frequently in the message boards, but haven't figured it out.



Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.