No. of Recommendations: 8
In terms of tracking out GG companies on an ongoing basis, I have not found too many good alternatives. I gave up my Value Line sub awhile ago, and I recall there was some coverage of GG companies mainly large cap ADRs as you would expect. Zero Pink sheets, and next to no small caps IIRC.

Morningstar Premium is better. I made a list of the GG companies that I could find that they have analyst coverage for. I went back about six months in GG recommendations and BBN list.

Coverage = No
ARCO
GVDNY.PK
PVD
SCPZF.PK
SWRAY.PK
ITRN
PDS
MFC
BLX

Coverage = Yes
TSCDY.PK
POT
PCLN
NOK
CHEOY.PK
SLB
ALV
GSK
COSWF.PK
GDFZY.PK
GSH

I believe the price for Morningstar Premium is $189/year (and free trials etc). I am not saying the analysts or community are as good, but if you are looking for options they may be one. I guess it depends in part on if they are covering companies that are in your core or not.

Just wanted to post this for people who may be holding a decent chunk of their portfolio in companies that are hard to find good analysis on. Anyone else find other good global services?

-Gunnar
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.