Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I play poker once a month on Friday nights. This is in addition to playing on Sunday evenings two or three times a month. The Sunday games are from 4-8. The friday Games are from 8 til whenever, sometimes two or three am.

The Friday games make my wife very upset. I just got both barrels of "I wasn't raised to stay out until three oclock in the morning gambling and then to come home and sleep in until 10 or 11 oclock in the morning"

For the record, we play fairly low limit poker in both cases and I am a competent poker player who generally wins more than he loses. I don't gamble otherwise, and would be content playing for bottle caps if it came to that.

She doesn't care about the Sunday games, since they are over at 8 and I'm home by 9. It really seems to be a matter of the Friday games running well in to the wee hours of the morning.

If it matters, the participants are my neighbors and my wife is good friends with them. We've vacationed together as families in the past and will do so in the future.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.