No. of Recommendations: 1
Hello all,
I posted this in a couple places and I know this is a REIT board but I figured there would be
Similar interests here. I am looking to add to my portfolio but with the recent run up
I think I want to stay conservative with new money. Short term TBills (BIL) are now paying
basically zero. I have some money in short term bonds (BIV) but even that is paying little. So I
am looking for a little higher return but don't want to ratchet up the risk too high. Does
anyone have any preferred stocks that they like at today's prices? Ideal would be a decent
dividend rate but tied to a company with very good financial balance sheet. I do realize that I
can't have everything!

I also own PFG an ETF of financial preferreds. I added to that recently as I believe that
government won't allow banks to fail even if we have a second wave, but that is now back to pre-
virus levels and I don't know that I want to add more.

So here I am looking for new ideas. Anyone one have any they particularly like? Just for trade
here are a couple more I own

Preferreds
CBB.B
(Cincinnati Bell is being bought out by a Brookfield sub and this seems low risk)
EBGEF (don't want to add more to this as energy still seems risky)
GLIBP (I like this but it has run above its buy back price of $25)

ETFs
VMO
(tax protected munis and this is in my non IRA accounts)
VTIP (TIPs, also in my non-IRA)

For the most part I will be adding in my IRA so it doesn't matter about taxable except no MLP.

Thanks for any help!
Randy
(Owner of all listed....)
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Have you looked into bank preferreds? I own some BAC.N, at today's price you get 4.76% YTC, there is little over 4 years of time to call. Of course, nowadays you can get 10% move in one day on the equity, so you have to ask yourself, will a 5% yield is okay for you?
No. of Recommendations: 2
CBB.B (Cincinnati Bell is being bought out by a Brookfield sub and this seems low risk)

Actually CBB was being bought out by a Brookfield sub, and then Macquarie Infrastructure Partners out bid them. I bailed on CBB/PB after that happened.

On Friday I added a few more shares of NEE/PRJ. Right at a 5% yield with what I feel is very low risk.

Jim
No. of Recommendations: 0
Thanksfor the idea Kingran,
I own both some BAC stock and PFG which is a financials preferred ETF which I am sure has some BAC preferred in it.

Randy
No. of Recommendations: 2
Preferreds was a much more target rich area a couple of months ago.

At $25, FITBO is trading $.24 below P+END (par plus earned next distribution) and yields 5%.
At 25.43 SRC-A is trading at $.06 above P+END and yields 5.98%
At $25.03 TFC-G is trading $.06 below P+END and yields 5.2%.
SOJD at $25.50 is $35 above P+END yields 4.88%, but not callable until 2025.

John