Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 123

Looks like the end of the road is in sight.

Just a couple of thoughts on this:

What did TMF ever do to people that they'd be happy about their demise? I don't get it. I've enjoyed just about every moment here since January 1999 when I first registered and they taught me an enormous amount about how investing works.

I also don't understand why people complain about TMF and internet advertising in general (you know, banner ads and such). Surely, these businesses have a right to make a profit? I mean, we're reading these pages for many minutes, sometimes hours a day, for FREE. Is it wrong for them to want to get paid for providing so much for nothing?

I'm a regular reader of Salon.com. When they asked for subscribers several months ago, I gladly paid them the $30/year they requested. Why not? Why should I be able to read what writers write for free? Don't the writers deserve to get paid? Don't the hundreds of web designers deserve to get paid for working to get these pages up? I'm being informed and entertained all at the same time.

I guess somebody needs to explain it to me.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.