Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

Lordz, you'd probably be surprized at how often Canadians say something like "if Americans want what we have they'll just come and take it."

We've grown more cautious since we took hockey. Once bitten, twice shy. ;)

I'm guessing you're spot on about Can $ vs U.S. $ for the foreseeable future. I think you'd be relatively safe with large U.S. multinationals who can hedge their own currency exposures, and debt-free small-cap growth stocks will likely remain good bets once the stock markets stabilize. It's hard to imagine where a safe refuge lies right now. While the outlook for the U.S. is very ugly, I can't believe it will fail to spread far and wide. Mexico and Canada will be hit hard, Europe and Japan also. We'll get to see how well developing nations have insulated themselves. I'm ready for surprises on this score, either good or bad.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.