Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Good morning,
I am a physician. In 2007, I put 15,000 down payment to acquire another doc's practice. I signed a letter of intent when I put down the money.
during that time, I worked in his office, saw patients, and he paid me as an independent contracter (I got a 1099).
when it was time to settle on the deal, he changed the terms and conditions which we originally agreed to.
I did not go through with the deal, and lost the 15,000
I also assked my attorney (Paid 2000 altogher) if I could get my money back, and it was up to the judge, do I did not go thrugh with that, due to additional costs which I would incur to try to get my money, and also there was a 50% chance to get it back.
Where can I report this 15,000 loss?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.