Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Louisiana bill lifting concealed carry permit requirement advances; here's why some oppose it
BY BLAKE PATERSON | Staff writer Apr 19, 2021 - 2:57 pm

A Louisiana Senate committee on Monday advanced legislation that would remove the permitting requirement for the concealed carrying of handguns.

Senate Bill 118 would allow anyone aged 21 or older to carry a concealed handgun, unless they’re prohibited by state or federal law from owning a firearm.

State Sen. Jay Morris, R-West Monroe, the sponsor . . . .

See https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/politics/legisl... for story.

FWIW, I agree that there should be training before one is allowed to carry a concealed firearm. There also should be some training before one is issued their first hunting license, drivers license, boating license, etc., etc. IMHO. The training can be performed by the state police instead of commercial ranges by signing up at the local police department and being bussed to the training area/range periodically.

In my case, the cost of the training wasn’t excessive and the permit was free because I am a veteran. The only problem I had was that I was rejected the first time because they didn’t like the look of my finger prints taken by the firearms training instructor. I went to the state police office in Baton Rouge and had their expert take my prints.
;-)

C.J.V.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.