No. of Recommendations: 1

Lowstudent, what rate of innocent Iraqi deaths is sufficient to demonstrate that the security situation there is inadequate? Or is there no level of death - no possible number of people getting killed - that would indicate that there is a problem?

What is being put out is not that the security situation is not adequate.

To claim that is what is being complained about as negative press coverage is not a valid point IMO.

I was under the impresion what was being discussed was the negatives of only negative press coverage. I agree it would be absurd to say there are no problems. We are waste deep in problems.

That said, was the nation waste dep in problems when we got there? I believe the answer is yes, there was massive deaths going on and no hope of progress. Should we be playing up that there is hope? I believe so. Does that mean there are no problems? Absolutely not.

Why is the situation of the two stories not analagous? -Simple one helps our cause one does not. Where are the negatives of playing pro-progress stories. One can clearly site the positives, Your claims were they were analagous because of some percieved negtive in positive stories. It simply is not there, making them- not analagous.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.