No. of Recommendations: 1
lowstudent wrote: If society is doing things that are against what you believe should you not try to stop them?

No, you should not, in my opinion.

It's a far better use of the time and collective effort of a group of believers (in this case, believers in Christianity) to get them to focus on the CORE values of the religion on a one-on-one basis. That is, bring the people into the sanctuary and teach them what Christ says about and encourage them to live THEIR lives that way, not make a big stink about how OTHERS lives their lives.

I have enough trouble with the fact that I'm the worst Christian I've ever known. I can hardly tell anyone else what they should do. One thing I like about my church is that it's strictly and utterly apolitical, the emphasis being on each individual believer's relationship with God.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.