Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
LSB -

Here's the problem with "going to Patrick" with board stuff:

He feels he has to respond even though he has only an incomplete understanding of what someone has said here. Therefore, despite my kind beginnings and praise mentioned here for the guy, he determined from messages forwarded to him (presumably by you) that I am a miscreant.

He shouldn't waste his time here, not should he get messages forwarded to him by you. We all know how to reach the guy. We also know he sees only what he wants to see.

The "don't listen to anybody else" side of PB that undoubtedly helped him through his bouts of C...IMHO...don't serve him well as a CEO of a public company. When he sees intelligent people saying, "that doesn't look right," his response should not be:

MISCREANT.

It should be:

I SEE THAT I NEED TO EXPLAIN MYSELF BETTER IN PUBLIC. THANK YOU. MAYBE IS SHOULD SPEND LESS TIME ON THAT AND MORE ON THIS. [What he actually thinks is irrelevant in my example.]

What can you do to make this better? Don't forward anything to him. Don't repost Bobo blog entries here (anyone who wants to see them knows where to go...and we only have an audience of 12 grizzly vets in this forum.) When you do it only pisses him off and he vents here on the boards. It makes him look idiotic. Unfair to him and the other posters.

Yoroshiku-

et

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.