Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
< But spend time with a group like this and you realize that the human race has some nobility, has some good, and we do not have the luxury to be resigned, to be complacent, to be discouraged.

It's our turn now. >

Awesome story, well written and touching.
I felt honoured to have had the opportunity of meeting your father in person during your visit to Israel.

Kol akavod !

Dubi
=============

thank you Dubi. I know he greatly enjoyed his time with you. I can tell you that my dad loves meeting young men like yourself, who are picking up the baton and running ... it gives him some hope for the future.

he lived through the Depression and the War ... lost hundreds of cousins in the Shoah ... and then lived a very good life in America as the country recovered from the War and grew prosperous. Early life for him was a struggle, later life was much better.

But he is worried about the world again. He feels itis becoming more like it was in the 1930's ... and he has no confidence in the current US President will make it better, on the contrary, he feels like Bush is the worst President of HIS lifetime, which is a pretty amazing thing since he was born when Woodrow Wilson was in office.

It must be a difficult thing to come near to the end of your life and know that you will have to leave the stage soon, and feel that things are going back to the bad old days that you fought so long ago.

But when he meets youngsters (anyone under 70), like I said, it makes him more hopeful.

d v
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.