Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
<ACA also eliminates choices that insurance companies can make that adversely affect you. They can no longer drop you if you get an illness that starts costing a lot of money, or refuse to insure pre-existing conditions. Or refuse to insure you at all. That's a fairly important benefit.>

I recognize these benefits and I do support the ACA.

I also recognize that part of the reason for the lack of choice is to enable comparability between plans. The current (pre-ACA) system has so much variety that it's almost impossible to compare plans from one company to another.

However, I am shocked at the 45% price increase and also the lack of true catastrophic insurance. There is a place in any marketplace for low-quality/cost as well as high-quality/cost options. The ACA provides bronze, silver and gold but they all cover the same benefits (at different rates).

Wendy
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.