Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
<considering Vanguard S&P 500 Index Fund and QQQ>

Please remember, this is one persons opinion. It costs nothing and is probably worth what you're paying for it.

I like your VFINX pick. The QQQ might be a little iffy right now. There has been considerable discussion lately on the QQQ board about high P/E in the Naz 100 which QQQ tracks. Tech has been hit hard but might have more down side before it gets better. I would be careful with this one at this time.

If it were me (which it is not) I would look at Vanguards Total Market Fund (VTSMX) as a possible place to put my money, at least, until this market cools down some.

I have 100% of my port in an S&P 500 Index (not Vanguard) but I'm considering opening a Vanguard account for the purpose of buying into VTSMX.

HTH, Sam
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.