Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
<didn't we just have a break out? Why was that not successful
and the next one would be?>

AirDish:

It would seem that when companies with a short term overbought price come out with earnings on the low end of the scale, and then announce that their revenue growth is going to be slower than expected for the remainder of the fiscal year a sharp correction is the result.

I see no reason why the next breakout couldn't have similar results if an unexpected negative event were to befall Cree. For example, Leons fear that Cree might take a writedown of the goodwill purchased from SPCT. While some people don't think it will happen, it's certainly within the realm of possibility. However, the general consensus is that the revenue forcast for the next six months was the real culprit in this pullback.

Personally I feel Cree's future is brighter than ever. While I am extremely overweighted in Cree, if it pulls back to $15 in a down market I'm buying more.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.