Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
<global roaming >

Welcome Tero,

Concerning global roaming , I feel that with the new Motorola L7089 coming out in the USA in December which is a Trimode GSM (for those who don't know, that means 900/1800/1900 GSM compatible or will work on any GSM network in the world) that the providers will need to come out with plans to meet this new customer. In the USA there is still not a plan available where I can call lets say Finland from Seattle from my mobile phone with out paying $3 a minute. This is the next wave. My newest investment Voicestream (VSTR) I think is in the stages of developing one for they now offer the Bosch and I believe the Ericcson world phone. I am hoping now that since the consumer will be able to use GSM around the world when they will travel, that there will be pressure on the providers to create international calling plans for these new phones. This will in my opinion be the major next step in bringing wireless into the mainstream. For those who want to read more of the excellent research that Tero has produced just go to the website;

http://www.debry.com/

I consider him the best Wireless Analyst in the world hands down and have learned a tremendous amount from his writings. I hope Tero you will be a regular contributor to these boards for our mission here is to bring the power of wireless investing to the mainstream by discussing all aspects of it.

Thanks for Posting,

MYCROFT
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.