Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
<I'd like to find out more about "options">

I assume you're talking about stock options that are available on the various market exchanges, and not the stock options that are used as incentive pay. There are a couple of books you should read: Lawrence McMillan's Options as a Strategic Investment and James Bittman's Options for the Stock Investor.

Also, go over to the Mechanical Investing Message Board and search on the authors sparfakle and Ravt and on the subject 6/3 Options.

Finally, keep uppermost in your mind that these options are a wild ride--unlike anything you've ever seen. I've gone from having a portfolio wiped out to having one increase by 400% in consecutive quarters. Risk and money management discipline are especially important for this kind of investing.

Finally finally, a friendly injunction: don't spend a penny on options until a) you fully understand what you're doing, and b) you're prepared to lose your entire investment inside a couple of months.

Hope this helps.

Eric Hines

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.