No. of Recommendations: 0
<I’m very surprised to find that to date, we haven’t had to withdraw anything from our retirement accounts. We are planning a vacation early next year (Europe) so we’ll probably dip into retirement accounts for that. But we’ve had 2 trips to the west coast to see our kids (OK, really to see the grandkids) which includes picking up dinner tabs without breaking a sweat.

We eat out when we want. But I’m happy as a clam making a PB&J sandwich for lunch. I’m busy with many hobbies, we exercise daily. We haven’t really changed our lifestyle but my stress level is WAY down.>

AlphaWolf, my experience is quite similar to yours, so far, with the exception that DH and I both retired 7 years ago and are currently in our mid 60’s.

Our homes are paid off (one vacation home in the south, one a condo in the (damn cold) Midwest.
I took Social Security at 62 (family life expectancy sucks, I have already outlived my father), hubby is starting ss this month.

Neither of us has touched our retirement accounts, and probably will wait until we hit RMD age until we do so.

We’ve taken a few cruises, and like you we both exercise daily and have lots of hobbies. Now that grandchildren are in the picture, we are spending time and money on them. Other than that, our lifestyle hasn’t really changed either.
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.